YSEA’s MISSION: YSEA connects alumni with students, the University, and each other to strengthen the Yale science and engineering community.
Founded in 1914, YSEA is one of the oldest university alumni organizations in the world with a focus on issues in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Our mission is to connect alumni with students, the University, and each other to strengthen the Yale science and engineering community.
While approximately half of our members hold science degrees, and a similar number hold engineering degrees, some of our members are musicians, writers, or other humanities graduates. We’re interdisciplinary: science, engineering, and society all influence each other, and our members care about how the pieces fit together.
We are alumni, faculty, students, and friends working together to strengthen Yale’s education of leaders for a world increasingly dominated by science and technology:
- By promoting the highest quality of science and engineering at Yale in the students, faculty, facilities and courses of study.
By assisting students financially with research grants, prizes and scholarships.
- By recognizing and publicizing the accomplishments of Yale students, faculty and distinguished alumni with special awards and prizes.
- By communicating with its membership in a timely and effective manner.
- By encouraging interaction between Yale and its engineering and science alumni and between Yale and private and public enterprise.
- By making strategic investments to enable or complement Yale initiatives which advance science and engineering.
The Yale Science & Engineering Association, Inc. is recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit public charity.